Thursday 7 May 2009

Productively productive

Well I've spent the past few days just reading, reading, reading!

Unforetunately not a novel, but things that I'm sure will be of vital importance to me in my quest for my literary career. I've finished the Writers Bureau book 2, and have been reading certain pages of the Writers' and Artists' Yearbook. This is an amazing book, with so many useful nuggets of information. Any aspiring writers or even 'old hands' at the writing game, should have one, as it is crammed full with articles on how to publish, lists of publishing houses, and magazine and newspaper listings. However I do think there is a new one coming out in June/July time.

I've been trawling through numerous magazines to get a feel for the way the articles are written and also to determine what they publish. I think I'm now ready to give assignment 2 of WB course a go. I have to write an analysis of a magazine, how they present their features and articles, and then write an article myself for that publication.

I've never written an article before so it should be a great learning curve for me. I'm sure it will be worth all the hard work that I'll be putting into my writing over these next few months, and assignments, to eventually get to see my name in print. I'm looking forward to the challenge!

Will let you know how I get on

Melanie x

1 comment: